growth across GCR
the allure of Gauteng
considering it home
domestic tourism

contrary to other provinces, Gauteng is shaped by in-migration

The 2007 Community Survey found that just 58.1% of the resident population of Gauteng was actually born in the province, far lower than any comparable province. Seen from the other side, 41.9% of Gauteng residents were not born in Gauteng.

Migration to Gauteng is mainly due to people moving from the provinces within South Africa. According to the 2007 Community Survey, only 14% of the migrant population comes from outside of South Africa.

percentage of residents born in province vs. in-migrants